Thursday, May 15, 2014

For my big brother on his 30th birthday:

I Guess I Never Told You 

I guess I never told you that that obnoxious laugh of yours
actually makes me smile.
I guess I never told you that I always respected you
for your voracity in reading.
I guess I never told you that I was incredibly proud of you
when you graduated college.
I guess I never told you that I'm really happy I never broke your glasses 
all the times I thought of punching the daylights out of you.
I guess I never told you that I think it's really cool
all of the information you soak up just because you want to.
I guess I never told you that I forgive you
for anything you ever did to me.
I guess I never told you that as much as we may fight,
I'd smash the face of anyone who'd ever try to hurt you.
I guess I never told you I believe in you.
I guess I never told you I really do like when you say,
"I love you," even if it makes me feel uncomfortable.
I guess I never really told you I love you, too,
and I'm honored to be your sister.
So I'm telling you now,
and I hope that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment