Friday, August 17, 2012

Join me for the ride?

As I pack up to leave for Bahrain, more and more thoughts begin to flood my mind. I'm not a worrier, but somehow this time around I feel the weight of years of stagnancy bearing down on me in a way that holds me down, doesn't let me move forward with ease. The best way I know how to deal with this is to simply put one foot in front of the other, until I'm moving forward steadily. Life is, in fact, a journey that winds and beelines, quickens, slows. If we slow too much, allowing ourselves to become so caught up in the mud and muck of everyday life, we eventually stop being able to change and adapt.

For the last several years, without really knowing it, I allowed myself to be moved off of a productive tract, and now, moving towards a place that makes me content in life, it is so much harder than it was when I traveled to Belfast to allow the change freely into my life. And yet, I am determined to do so. Nothing worthwhile in life is ever free after all, is it?

I am excited to share with you my travels around the world, beginning in Bahrain. I was influenced by a friend of mine, who is serving in the Peace Corps in Botswana, to write simply. This blog is nothing fancy, but rather a way for you to see the "raw" truth about my travels. There is something enticing about being able to see into the thoughts of a traveler, so I gladly invite you in. Will you join me for the ride? 

No comments:

Post a Comment